Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Antique Rug and a Dogs Behind

This week at the St Lawrence Market.
It was filled with the usual excitement and wonderful treasures.
We arrived a little late this week as we have been remodelling a little and the old bones are sore.
I paid Mathew to unload us so that my husband and I could look for treasure. Matthew is a great young man who recently discovered his birth mom.
A friend of mine and her mom where selling this week and they had brought some great Japan wind-ups. They needed a little TLC so others avoided them but I am a wizard at fixing cast offs so I grabbed them all. I got 4 for $70.00 and once repaired they will each be worth that. Nice for my collection.
A silence came over the crowd early as my friend dressed down another dealer. He was left speechless which is rare but muttered it wasn't him, but we all know it was.
I also picked up some super soft linen sheets for my bed with just the right amount of home spun patching, yummy.
Sales at the market where a little slow this week but if you where a buyer then the world was your oyster. Lots to choose from and flexible pricing was the word of the day.
As the morning moved to afternoon I ordered a Greek salad from the snack bar that was delicious. While enjoying this a young lady came into a both with a poodle type dog. She was very friendly and interested in antiques. As she checked out all the items her dog threw his back legs in the air and proceed to drag his behind across a beautiful cream coloured antique wool rug like a broken wind-up toy. I really don't like small dogs or the use of guns but felt at that moment ......oh well. She scooped him up embarrassed and left me with a reminder that rugs are not a good thing to sell at the antique market.

No comments: